Sunday, January 2, 2011

I'm looking forward to the memories of right now...

Laissez faire!


Up until 2011 I had been living my life with this old adage. Aside from its political meaning, this personally means that I attribute all my good AND bad fortunes to fate, or an uncontrollable series of events. This takes my actions out of the equation so when something doesn’t end up the way I would prefer it I could simply say "it was not meant to be". Up until now it has worked, not flawlessly but nonetheless. I recently decided that from now on I want to take ownership for the way things go whether good or bad.

With age MAY come maturity, but with failure experience is destined to follow. I haven’t failed, but I have stumbled (in my eyes). I will not dwell on things that I can no longer change, what's done is done (another adage that allows me to rebound from mishaps quickly).

So on the 31st of December I wrote down my New Years Resolution (my first). I don’t know what the "rule" is on sharing these resolutions so I will keep them to myself for the time being but I’m certain they will reveal themselves in the year as it passes. They are typical goals that are obtainable yet difficult. From work related, to personal fitness (have to throw that in!), to mental growth etc.

This New Year comes with many resolutions, hopes and promises of a better year.

I've never known first hand of the real estate economy in a better place but I hear this year will be better for all who are associated with this business. (A Realtor I know said that he and his wife previously closed 8 homes a month prior to the recession and in 2010 closed 1 home every 3 months-an indication of the times.)  The National Association of Realtors projects a 20% increase in new homes sales, lets hope they are right, lets hope they are right, being that that is my field.


This year feels like it will be an epic one for me, as far as my personal growth and career. I’ve never let the overall economy dictate what I am capable of so I don’t think I will start to now. I feel like everything has been in preparation for now, so while I won’t be cliché and say "2011 is MY year" I WILL say that years from now I will look back at these memories that I'm creating as being some of my best, but definitely not my last!


-Pemature Millionaire